AUSA Childcare/After-School Care Financial Support
Funded by The Fabulous Ladies Giving Circle, a sub-fund of Auckland Foundation.
The aim of the grant is to assist student parents who face financial constraints in relation to childcare so that they may be able to continue and excel at their studies. The scope of the grant is for registered childcare related costs. Please note the grant is only payable to approved organisations (not family/whanau)
The selected recipient/s will have costs related to childcare subsidised (or paid for entirely) at a registered child care centre of their choosing during class time. The grant may also provide contributions for transport costs to help student parents get to university and is at the discretion of the donors.
The grant is provided by a Giving Circle initiated by a group of female colleagues who were or still are University of Auckland staff with the aim of assisting student parents financially to ensure their study is not inhibited due to child care responsibilities.
To apply, you must be an enrolled University of Auckland student in 2019 and have a child/ren in a formal child care facility (or PORSE). Applicants must also be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
To apply for this grant, please fill in ALL details on the form provided and attach/upload ALL relevant documents. Extra detail is always preferable and missing information will delay your application.
The application can either be filled in online or in hardcopy. If you are handing in a hardcopy form, please return it to AUSA Reception on 4 Alfred St. Applications will be processed in the two weeks following the application deadline and applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Please note that the confidentiality of the applicant is always honoured.
The selected recipient/s will have their chosen organisation paid directly. The selected recipient/s will also be required to update the Giving Circle and/or AUSA while receiving the grant, and at the end of the duration of the grant.
Childcare grants are currently open until Friday 8th of March 2019.
It is expected that recipients will give some feedback on the impact the grant has had on their life/studies at the conclusion of the study year (this can be anonymous for privacy).
This grant is currently closed
AUSA has other forms of welfare that you may be eligible for:
- Foodbank: Each student is eligible to collect up to three food parcels a semester from AUSA reception at 4 Alfred st. If you have dependents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the welfare team will provide a family sized parcel.
- Hardship grant: AUSA provides hardship grants of up to $250 or $400 for those with dependents per semester. Either apply online through ausa.org.nz under “support” or pick up an application form from AUSA reception at 4 Alfred st.
- Textbook grant: This is available at the beginning of each semester for students struggling to cover the costs of textbooks. The form can be found online at ausa.org.nz under “support.”
- Parent Spaces: AUSA runs a parent spaces in the City Campus in Old Choral Hall Building 104, Room G17. It is open 8.30am – 4.00pm. It includes a study desk, lounge, toys, and books.
- Student Advice Hub: The AUSA Student Advice Hub offers free support, advice and information to all students. The hub provides a range of free advocacy for tenancy, employment, academic and other issues. Contact email@example.com to get in touch.
If you have any queries, about this grant or any of our other services, please contact the Welfare-Vice-President on firstname.lastname@example.org